Skip to content

update

January 23, 2010

l am afraid that I have not been doing much to the layout as it has been for too cold in the garage!!

I have been building a standard gauge Locomotive and have started some of the scenery at the back of the layout. To cut down on weight I decided lo use expanded polystyrene as the basis for the fields. This is rather mucky to use as it gets everywhere.  I tend lo use a sharp carving knife to form the main shape then finish of with a small surform .

The whole lot is then stuck down with PVA. Once it has dried I then paint undiluted PVA over the whole lot and then using a 5O:50 water/glue mix I stick paper towels to the polystyrene. I use the green ones I often  found in loos in Hotels (1 won’t say where I got them!) because when they are dry it saves having to paint the ground colour! See below.

          

  Next I will start the farm to go at the back of this hill so that it can be set into the scene before doing the finer detail of the ground cover.

Advertisements

From → Yeoton Wharf

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: